NiteWhite ACP Teeth Whitening in Bronxville
NiteWhite ACP is a specialized type of take-home bleaching gel, which has been designed for evening use. There are many advantages to whitening teeth, including a more pleasant appearance and increased confidence. While many similar treatments cause sensitivity, adding ACP treatment to NiteWhite at-home whitening provides highly comfortable care.
CALL US: (914) 237-5482 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
NiteWhite ACP (amorphous calcium phosphate) eliminates sensitivity - both on the surface of teeth and inside tiny dental tubules. There are many additional advantages associated with the NiteWhite ACP system, including:
- Minimized sensitivity
- Smoother dental enamel
- Lasting effects
- Short treatment times
- More control over treatment
How does NiteWhite gel work?
The active ingredient found in NiteWhite gel is 38% carbamide peroxide. This substance converts to hydrogen peroxide. Peroxide then produces oxygen, which dislodges stains and deposits that are embedded on the structure of the tooth. Teeth become many shades whiter after treatment.
The strength of the active ingredient and the amount of exposure contribute most to the final results. Currently, NiteWhite is available in 10%, 16% and 22% concentrations. Patients can add ACP treatment to trays with any of the whitening gels listed. NiteWhite ACP corrects stains caused by smoking, pigmented foods and the natural aging process.
Pregnant and lactating women should not use NiteWhite ACP or any other whitening agent. Whitening gels including NiteWhite ACP will not whiten dentures, crowns or prosthetic teeth.
How should I apply NiteWhite ACP?
Ideal candidates for NiteWhite ACP have healthy teeth and gums. If there are any signs of gum disease or tooth decay, these issues should be addressed prior to beginning the bleaching process.
Here is step-by-step guide on how NiteWhite ACP should be applied:
- Thoroughly clean the teeth with dental floss and toothpaste
- Apply the gel to the tray in a uniform manner
- Apply the whitening tray to the teeth
- Press the tray firmly against the teeth and wipe off excess gel quickly
- Wear the whitening tray for the amount of time directed by your dentist
- Remove the trays, rinse the mouth with warm water and gently brush away residue
- Rinse the whitening tray with warm water
- Fill the whitening tray with the fluoride provided
- Place the tray on the teeth for 5 minutes.
- Remove and clean the tray with warm water
- Rinse the mouth until all traces of fluoride have been removed.
- Continue this process for 2 weeks
- Begin the procedure again in around 4-6 months.
To enhance results from NiteWhite ACP, do not eat, drink or smoke while wearing the whitening trays. Try to avoid pigmented foods and drinks like coffee and red wine. Bear in mind that the part of the tooth closest to the gum tissue will take longest to whiten. Always maintain excellent oral hygiene for optimal results.
If you have any questions or concerns about NiteWhite ACP, please contact our Bronxville office.